Many activities, such as yoga, listening to music, or breathing exercises, can help you reduce stress. What you probably don’t know yet is that some foods can also reduce anxiety. Let’s see some examples of foods that will help you to fight stress!
- Dark chocolate: some studies have shown that dark chocolate might reduce cortisol, a stress hormone, while the antioxidants in cocoa may relax the walls of your blood vessels. Last but not least, dark chocolate contains a unique natural substance that is able to induce the same kind of feeling that you get when you fall in love. For the best effect, choose a chocolate with at least 70% of cocoa.
- Salmon: the omega-3 fatty acids in salmon can neutralize the negative effects of stress hormones.
- Blueberries: these little blue balls contain antioxidants and phytonutrients that could help your body to better respond to stress.
- Pistachios: these contain phytonutrients that have an antioxidant effect that improves cardiovascular health. In addition, the mere act of opening pistachios is relaxing…so, open and enjoy!
- Avocado: this fruit will help you feel more content by quickly filling you up. In fact, it is the perfect food for a lunch and it helps stop snacking between meals. Avoid unhealthy snacks this way when stress is knocking at your door.
- Green vegetables: vegetables like spinach, for example, contain folate, which produces dopamine, a pleasure-inducing neurochemical that helps you keep calm.
- Seeds: seeds are a great source of magnesium. This mineral is very important for the body and may help to regulate emotions. So, when you feel irritable or stressed, eat a few seeds and boost your magnesium ratio!.