• In a large pot, place the chicken breasts and cover with 3 l of water.
• Add garlic and peeled white onion, oregano, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Simmer over medium heat, partially covered, for 40 minutes.
• Remove the chicken. Let it cool, then chop it coarsely.
• Strain the broth through a colander in a large bowl, add the chicken and set aside.
• Peel and chop the onion, dice the pepper and tomatoes.
• In a large saucepan, heat the oil over high heat. Add onion, pepper and tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes until vegetables are cooked through.
• Pour the chicken broth with the shredded chicken into the pot and simmer for about 10 minutes.
• Pour the soup into individual bowls and add two thin slices of lime and chopped coriander.
• Serve with tortillas, if desired.