If the cassava is fresh:
• Cut and peel the turmeric by removing a good layer of bark.
• Then soak it for several hours in water with a little salt.
• Grate the cassava, keeping the juice separate from the cassava.
• Let this juice settle and filter it to recover the deposit at the bottom. It will be incorporated into the cake with the grated cassava afterwards.
If you use frozen cassava:
• Thaw the cassava in a large container.
• Heat the oven to 200°C
• Soak the peeled mung beans (yellow) in water for 1 hour.
• Cook the beans in a pot of water (1 cm above the beans) for 20 min. Make sure that they do not stick to the bottom.
• Purée the beans.
• In a bowl, mix the coconut milk, mung bean purée and manioc.
• Add sugar, vanilla extract, tapioca starch and a pinch of salt.
• Mix to obtain a homogeneous paste.
• Pour the preparation into a greased mold and place in the oven at mid-height at 180°C for 1 hour.
• Leave the cake to cool down a little before removing it from the pan.
• Serve warm.